Forerunner is the Trust’s hot school meal provider. To register and order meals, please log onto www.hotmealsonwheels.com. We appreciate that not all parents will have access to the internet at home, but please do not let this worry you, as the school will be happy to help. Please speak to our office staff if you need assistance.
We ask that meals are ordered half termly in advance, however, you do have the option to order for the whole term.
If you are not entitled to a Free School Meal (see information below), but you still wish for your child to have a hot meal at lunchtime, you are still able to order and pay for a meal on an ad hoc basis. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help.
This is an online service only, and every parent/carer will need to register and manage their own child’s account.
Free School Meals
Some children in the school will be eligible for free school meals. Every year thousands of pupils don’t get their free school meals. Often, parents do not realise they are entitled or are discouraged by the potential bureaucracy and personal information requirements.
Children who eat well during the day concentrate better in lessons and sitting down to a meal together is an important part of the children’s social education. If any of the following apply to you, then your family may be entitled to free school meals;
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- An income related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
If you think your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, please contact the school office for a form. Once completed you can either send it to the BCP Council yourself or return it to the school office confidentially, and we will forward it through our secure internal mail system to the BCP Council for you.
If your child is entitled to a Free School Meal at the Junior School, please ensure you book a dinner for each day of the week.
If your child is entitled to a Free school meal an away day packed lunch will be provided on school trips. Please note however if your child has any allergens or special dietary requirements, you must notify Forerunner and the school of this.
Please try to ensure your child brings in a healthy, balanced lunchbox to keep them going throughout the day:-
- Mark the lunch box clearly with your child’s name and class.
- Squash, water or juice are allowed in lunch boxes, but glass bottles, energy drinks or fizzy drinks are not permitted in school.
- A healthy snack of fruit or vegetables only are permitted to be eaten at break times. No other snacks will be allowed at break time.
We are a ‘nut aware’ school, therefore to minimise the risk to children with a food allergy, it is important that parents do not include nut-based or foods made from nuts or peanuts in children’s packed lunches.